Surrendering a ferret for adoption
Do you need to give up your ferret? Furry Ferret Rescue accepts all ferrets regardless of their age or health. We are a no kill rescue. We do ask that you be honest in regards to all questions. We are a volunteer foster program and our time and space is limited. Adoptable ferrets will be placed up for adoption. All other ferrets will be placed in our foster program.
- Complete the Turn In Form on our website
- Set up location date and time of transfer at a local Petsmart Store
- Gather all donated supplies and paperwork
- Meet at agreed drop off location (PetSmart – Bridgeton, South County and Sunset Hills)
Here are our requirements:
- Turn in form completed for each ferret (See Below)
- 2 weeks worth of current food
- All available records and paperwork
- Any medicines
- Cloth bedding (clean and in good shape)
- Supplies (clean and bagged)
- Cages (we are only accepting Ferret Nation cages)
- $25 per ferret turn in fee (must be in cash)
The fee is to help cover the 2 separate vet visits that are required to get their check ups, Rabies and Distemper shots. If your ferret(s) have had a vet visit and had both shots in the last 6 months the fee can be adjusted.
Documentation must be provided and we will check with the vet office prior to our meeting..
If you have any questions please contact us.